- Beautiful, multi-cultural
city positioned between the Waitemata and Manukau
- Visit beautiful islands with just
a short ferry trip.
- Spectacular sailing conditions
- Population of about
- It is a clean & safe city with
- Temperate climate
- ALC is conveniently located in the city centre
stop near the College
- Close to shops, restaurants,
banks, the post office, casino, entertainment
venues, theatres, and galleries
- City Campus
classrooms on 6 floors
- 2 student rooms
- Self-Access Centre on 5th
- Free Internet / Email
- Self-Access Library
- 20 computers
- Student study area
- Common & recreation rooms
with kitchen facilities
|Total staff around 60 – 70
- 25 Administration Staff
- 35 – 45 Teachers
- Academic & welfare counselling available
- ALC can cater for a maximum of 450 students
our student numbers are around 300 – 400
at any one time.
- We have students from Japan, Korea, Switzerland,
France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Colombia,
China, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Argentina, Taiwan,
Hungary, Chile, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia.
- General English Full-time (runs all year)
English Part-time (runs
- Cambridge Examination Courses (offered
3 times a year)
- IELTS Examination Preparation Course
(offered all year)
- TOEFL Examination Preparation Course
(offered 2 times a year)
- English for Business Purposes (offered
2 times a year)
- Young Learner Program – English
+ Activities course for 11 – 17 year olds (2 seasons throughout
- High School Preparation Course – for
13 – 17 year olds(runs all year)
- General English Full-time, Cambridge, IELTS,
TOEFL, EBP = 23 hours per week (5 hours
- General English Part-time = 15 hours per
week (3 hours per day)
- General English Full-time = Monday-Friday, 9.00
am - 12.15 pm (includes lunch break of 1 hour per
day); Monday-Thursday, 1:15-3:15pm.
- General English Part-time = Monday-Friday,
9.00 am - 12.15 pm (includes 1 break
for 15 mins)
- 6 levels of English: Beginner to Advanced
- 8-12 students per class. Class sizes vary depending
on the course and the level.
- Average number of students
per class: 10
- School staff greets students
at Auckland airport and takes them directly to
accommodation or school.
- School staff are always
to the left of the Arrivals hall and will hold an ALC sign with student’s
name for easy identification
- Emergency airport transfer contact
number is 0274 903 998 or 021 527 171 for 24 hour student emergency hotline.
- $200 per week, payable to ALC ($210 for under
- Half-board (no lunch) weekdays,
full-board on weekends.
- Usually 1 to 2 students per family
in single rooms, being of different nationalities
- Some homestay families live
within walking or cycling distance to our school
- Most students travel by bus, up to 40 minutes.
All buses stop near the school
|First Day at ALC
- Welcome & Orientation (9:00AM – 12:15PM)
written examination and interview.
- Introduction to Counsellors.
- College information;
map of Auckland city; information on Auckland public transport/ Bus passes;
medical insurance for student visa holders;
how to open a bank account; location of post
office, banks & shops; information about living with a New Zealand
host family & living
in Auckland; information on weekend sightseeing trips and Tour bookings;
important telephone numbers all given in Orientation Pack.
- Tour of College
- Placement into class
- Afternoon social activities Monday – Thursday.
Include swimming, indoor and outdoor sports for
free. Also rock-climbing.
- Activity Programme
Weekend Activities (optional)
- Large selection of weekend activities
offered – every weekend. For example:
- Ski and Snowboard Trip, Rotorua,
Sailing weekend, Waitomo Caves – black-water rafting, Horseriding, Weekend
trips to Great Barrier Island, Tiri Tiri Island bird reserve, Bay of Islands
for swimming with dolphins, etc.
- A weekly bus pass costs between $20 to $35, depending
on the number of zones travelled.
|Cost of Living
- Lunch costs around $5 - $7 per day + public transport
fares if required (see above)
- Auckland has a warm climate with lots of sunshine!
(Average November – March): Day
24°c Night 16°c
- Winter (Average April – October): Day
14°c Night 7°c